January 4, 2009
Wow, another year, another sermon. Today Pastor Peter Kim spoke on Acts 22:1-14 and Philippians 3:10-11. While the title, “What Would Jesus Do?” seemed cliché, I did glean new thoughts to consider. First – the question was what DID Jesus do? The answer – God’s will. Another way to look at this question is – Walk With Jesus Daily. Now the question becomes – what does that mean?
Walking – means NOT sprinting or running (don’t get ahead of God)
With – means NOT without, alongside of, in the company of
Daily – means 24/7, EVEN when I don’t want Him
How to walk daily.
- Lean to listen to His Voice (thru the Word of God and thru Godly men and women who listen to God’s Word.
- Ask the right question – not what do I do, but what does God want me to do.
- Know that God holds us – HE hold onto US, not US holding on to Him.
- Know that I am not perfect.
- Move forward, don’t just stand there.